Terms of service:
We are building EngineerBook to make the world more open and transparent, which we believe will create greater understanding and connection. EngineerBook promotes openness and transparency by giving engineers greater power to share and connect, and certain principles guide EngineerBook in pursuing these goals. Achieving these principles should be constrained only by limitations of law, technology, and evolving social norms. We therefore establish these Principles as the foundation of the rights and responsibilities of those within the EngineerBook Service.
- Freedom to Share and Connect
Engineers should have the freedom to share whatever information they want, in any medium and any format, and have the right to connect online with anyone - any person, organization or service - as long as they both consent to the connection.
(1)Ownership and Control of Information
Engineers should own their information. They should have the freedom to share it with anyone they want and take it with them anywhere they want, including removing it from the EngineerBook Service. Engineers should have the freedom to decide with whom they will share their information, and to set privacy controls to protect those choices. Those controls, however, are not capable of limiting how those who have received information may use it, particularly outside the EngineerBook Service.
(2)Free Flow of Information
Engineers should have the freedom to access all of the information made available to them by others. Engineers should also have practical tools that make it easy, quick, and efficient to share and access this information.
Every Person - whether individual, advertiser, developer, organization, or other entity - should have representation and access to distribution and information within the EngineerBook Service, regardless of the Person's primary activity. There should be a single set of principles, rights, and responsibilities that should apply to all Engineers using the EngineerBook Service.
Engineers should have the freedom to build trust and reputation through their identity and connections, and should not have their presence on the EngineerBook Service removed for reasons other than those described in EngineerBook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
(5)Open Platforms and Standards
Engineers should have programmatic interfaces for sharing and accessing the information available to them. The specifications for these interfaces should be published and made available and accessible to everyone.
Engineers should be able to use EngineerBook for free to establish a presence, connect with others, and share information with them. Every Engineer should be able to use the EngineerBook Service regardless of his or her level of participation or contribution.
The rights and responsibilities of EngineerBook and the Engineers that use it should be described in a Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which should not be inconsistent with these Principles.
EngineerBook should publicly make available information about its purpose, plans, policies, and operations. EngineerBook should have a process of notice and comment to provide transparency and encourage input on amendments to these Principles or to the Rights and Responsibilities.
The EngineerBook Service should transcend geographic and national boundaries and be available to everyone in the world.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") derives from the principals , and is our that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with , which we call the services . By using or accessing the Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how works.
Because provides a wide range of services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
your privacy is very important to us. We designed our data policy to make important disclosures about how you can use to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the data policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on , and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings and editing your profile, In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people of , to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about , but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
we do our best to keep safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on .
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access , using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on .
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of , such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on , or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use an Page for such purposes.
- You will not use if you are under 13.
- You will not use if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on .
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on .
- Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on , or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our page terms.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate your account.
- WE TRY TO KEEP UP, SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
By using or accessing Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the data policy as amended from time to time. You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of .